Saturday, January 05, 2008

Knit Mandala - Mindful Knit



I've been on Ravelry since November and have been reading lots of posts, but not contributing at all. I found an interesting group, Into The Labyrknit, and have started to knit-along with their first Mindful Knit, a knit mandala.

I've just finished Round 25, and should have 182 sts. I am knitting with #30 Cebelia on #1 needles, and just managed to switch over to my 16" circular needle. It's a bit tight, and I hope it will ease up enough to let me slide my stitches without interruption.

This is my third start, and I think I will keep this one. I started with #2s and it was too sloppy, plus the color wasn't right. My next attempt was on 1s, and went much better, but I had trouble with the yo, ssk combination and kept losing stitches. This attempt I used yo, sl1, k1, psso, and my stitch counts are good.

I'm not sure if there is a visual difference between skpsso and ssk, I can't see it on this project. I can see a size difference in my yos, and I'm not sure that will block out. This last increase round I gave a little tug to my knit stitch before I psso, and perhaps that will even things up a bit.

Oh, and by the way, the little blue belly-button is how I start my knitting in the round. I cast on 4 stitches, knit about an inch of I-cord. After I double my stitches to 8, I change thread and start knitting the pattern. I'll cut it off and unravel it later, and use the long tail I left at the beginning to secure the first 8 stitches.


Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 1:44 PM, January 23, 2008, Blogger dani, the geek said...

hi tatt3r!

the ssk and the skpsso give the same result, but with slightly different construction methods.

ssk is a slip and a slip, then knit the two slipped stitches together. (aka ssk2tog)

skpsso you already have down, slip, knit, pass slipped stitch over.

they both are the reflection of the k2tog and lean to the left.

that help?

dani 8-)

 
At 2:45 PM, January 23, 2008, Blogger tatt3r said...

thanks, dani!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free web counters
Free web counters