Friday, April 24, 2009

Delivery Day

Today I'm delivering 2 dozen baby hats to my local hospital. Here they are, all clean and ready to go.

Don't think that babies don't need hats because it's warming up for summer. Newborns don't have the ability to regulate their body temps right away, and hats help them stay warm.

I'm planning to make another delivery in July or August. I'm knitting a doily for the county fair right now, and when that's done, I'll be back at the hats.


I knit this duduza doll and intended to give it to Bean. When it was done, I liked it so much I decided to keep it for awhile.

I made another one which was modeled after a troll in one of Bean's books, Three Billy Goats Gruff. I got two shades of purple, and made a duduza doll which closely resembled the storybook troll. It was fun, and Bean carried him around for a few days. I like the shape of that doll - it has no arms or legs to sew up. Simpler is always better in my book.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 8:34 PM, April 25, 2009, Blogger Becky Dempsey said...

Those little hats are so cute! And I love the little doll. I agree, simple is better!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free web counters
Free web counters